Your short cut to studying in Vienna
During our German Course for the Viennese University Preparation Program, our top qualified trainers will efficiently prepare you for the supplementary German test you have to take before you can begin studying. Our course rooms are spacious, come with modern equipment, and are easily reached using public transport.
Step by Step
You will be allocated a course level that corresponds to your language skills based on the results of the placement test you have to take. The courses include 320 45-minute teaching units each semester, and take place five times per week. There are 20 students in each course.
AN – Beginner without prior skills
AV – Beginner with limited skills
EV – Learner with good skills
FG – Advanced
WF – Advanced plus
You don’t have to take part in all course levels. It is possible that you take the supplementary German test (EPD) after the FG or WF course. Depending on learning speeds, even beginners without prior skills can take the EPD after just 2 semesters. Students are allowed to attend courses for up to four semesters before taking the EPD. In some cases, a fifth or sixth semester may be approved by the commission.
Here you can find more information about the way to the EPD: Overview
Winter semester 2020/21:
- 29.09.2020 bis 28.01.2021
- Morning course: Mon to Thurs: 08:00 to 11:40 (Friday: 08:00 to 11:05) with 20min break
- Afternoon course: Mon to Thurs: 11:55 to 15:35 (Friday: 11:55 to 15:00) with 20min break
- 1 teaching unit (UE) = 45 minutes
- UE per day (Mon to Thurs): 4.5 UE
- UE on Fridays: 4,0 UE
- Course allocation depends on students’ results at the placement test. If you have any wishes regarding specific course times, please let us know during the placement process. Please understand that the placement is done on a centralised basis and that not all wishes can be taken into account.
Handelskai 388, 1020 Vienna or home-learning